Samuel, Son & Co. (USA) Inc.
Racker 1 901 1st Shift (Government)
• Perform production duties such as manual lifting of metal pieces
• Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
• Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
• Perform related duties as required by supervision
• Ensures bundle measurements are accurate
• Other duties as assigned. WORKING CONDITIONS
• This position works in a manufacturing environment.
• Work is performed in a manufacturing environment in all weather conditions.
• Lift up to 25 lbs. regularly, up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally
• Bend, twist, climb, squat, kneel throughout shift Able to work in extreme heat or cold conditions.
• Ability to function successfully in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
• Must be able to handle both large pieces and small pieces of aluminum extrusions
• Use hands for simple and power grasping as well as push/pull and fine manipulation
• Work at and/or below shoulder level
• See fine detail in printed product along with checking for color accuracy
• 6 Months to one year of experience in a fast-paced environment.
• Accurately uses and understands measuring tape
• Understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions
• Effectively communicate information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization
• Perform basic visual quality inspections on products • Maintain the production pace of other team members
• Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform duties
• Able to work weekends and OT• Be willing to work in a manufacturing environment