On-Call Social Media Monitor- $24.78 Hourly (Personal Services)
Under the direction of the JFK/LGA Airport Center Operations Manager, Social Media Monitors engage, and maintain the Port Authority's social media platforms for EWR daily. They ensure a social media presence, and that social media activity is properly integrated with the Port Authority's Airport Operations Center mission and strategic customer service vision. Social Media Monitors work with other EWR airport stakeholders as well as other Port Authority airport staff, to implement and disseminate the necessary responses and advisories for our traveling public, while also providing a world class customer service experience.
JFK/LGA Airport require their social media channels be monitored 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Social Media Monitors are required to work rotating shifts, including holidays and weekends, and will also be required to respond, if necessary, to declared airport emergencies including weather alerts, without delay, and work flexible hours during inclement weather conditions.
• Responsibilities: Monitor, engage, and respond to customer service-related inquiries via the Port Authority's JFK/LGA Airport social media platforms, including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
• Monitor all daily social media incidents and events providing updates and notifications to the JFK/LGA Airport Operations Center (AOC) stakeholders as necessary.
• Serve as EWR's primary social media liaison during airport emergencies and weather-related events, providing accurate, clear and concise communication to the airport community as well as the traveling public, via the airports' social media platforms.
• At the direction of the Airport Operations Center Manager or their designee, prepare and post critical airport alerts and advisories notifying the traveling public of any incident or event regarding service disruptions, closures, traffic conditions and any other operational changes that may affect travel to/from JFK/LGA Airport.
• Participate in required training necessary to familiarize Social Media Monitors with all aspects of airport operations, including but not limited to terminal operations, airline operations, Port Authority operations, traffic operations, aeronautical and landside operations and management, third party airport stakeholders, etc.
• Coordinate with Port Authority Media, when necessary, to craft and execute social media messaging to ensure alignment with Port Authority standards.
• Perform other necessary duties as directed by the Airport Operations Center Manager or their designee.
* College degree in digital communications, marketing or related field
* Prior knowledge/experience using any Social Media publishing tool
* 3-5 years of customer service experience and engagement with customers on various social media platforms
* Good judgment and proven success in addressing customer concerns with sensitivity and care
* Flexibility and ability to work various shifts, as needed