Thundermist Health Center
Patient Service Representative Medical (Finance)
Patient Service Representative Medical
Woonsocket, RI 02895, USA Req #98
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Thundermist's Mission - To improve the health of our patients and communities by delivering exceptional health care, removing barriers to that care, and advancing healthy lifestyles
Takes complete and accurate messages, schedules appointments, takes charge of all aspect of registering patients, answers all incoming calls, collects charges for the office visit.
1. Accurate data entry skills
2. Excellent communication skills
3. Collection background
4. Minimum High School diploma or Associates Degree
5. Minimum 1-year ambulatory care medical office experience
6. Medical terminology, diagnosis coding and billing procedure knowledge helpful
General office environment. Must be able to operate PC, answer multiple incoming
telephone lines, take accurate written messages, verify all insurance coverages and file. Moderate physical activity, walking, standing, sitting, bending, and stretching.
Work Schedule Demands:
Must be able to work evenings as scheduled. Occasional overtime may be required in the event of vacation time or staffing shortage.
Must have exemplary customer service skills, including professional telephone manner in conjunction with excellent oral communication ability for all levels of client interaction.
Confidentiality of Information:
Has access to all patient medical and or computer data including financial information. Maintains total confidentiality.
Significant Job Functions:
1. Correctly identifies appropriateness of appointment scheduling. Directs emergent needs to nurse manager for further triage.
2. Reviews clinician completed encounter sheet for appropriate completeness of form.
3. Prepares patient record for office visit, mounting labs, entering appropriated forms as needed.
1. Responsible for complete and accurate data entry of all information which includes patient registration, encounter billing information and changes in insurance information.
2. Responsible to ensure all charts and forms for the office visit is ready for the provider: i.e. encounter form, chart forms and appointment list.
3. Responsible for assisting in answering all incoming calls, taking accurate messages.
4. Assist in scheduling of appointments and directing appropriate calls to the triage nurse.
5. Exits patient. Collects payments, obtains referrals to specialist and schedules upcoming appointments when necessary.
6. Provides reports of daily productivity, collection standing, and problem areas of the front desk to the Operations Director on a daily basis.
Thundermist is dedicated to the goal of building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce committed to caring for patients in a manner that is respectful of cultural difference. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.