October Road Inc.
Counselor or Primary Therapist - Full Time (FT) (Finance)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluates behavioral, emotional, cognitive, spiritual, and social needs of clients and family members and consults with treatment team regularly for the development of and progress towards treatment goals in accordance with clinical policy and CARF guidelines.
• Facilitates all clinical services for clients including individual and family sessions, therapeutic groups, and referral source/ outpatient provider contact.
• Responsible for maintaining clinical record for clients with appropriate documentation of clinical services and client program engagement in ECR in accordance with program policy.
• Provides documentation and support for utilization review in a timely way and participates in UR process as outlined in program policy.
• Participates in aftercare plan development and outcome data process
• Contributes to program specific curriculum development, literature review, and training in accordance with clinical philosophy.
• Participates in on call rotation as directed by supervisor and in accordance with program policy
• Maintains safe, orderly, and therapeutic physical environment for clients including crisis intervention.
• Other duties as assigned
• Master's Degree from an accredited college with a major in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling
• Master's level licensure: Marriage and family therapy, social work, professional counseling
• Preferred experience in within the mental health/ trauma, eating disorder, and substance use domains.
• Current CPR, AED and First Aid
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Sound clinical judgment and excellent clinical skills
• Ability to problem solve by gathering and analyzing information
• Ability to handle a crisis situation and react appropriately
• A working knowledge of federal and state standards as well as regulating body standards.
Job-related Behavioral Characteristics:
Demonstrates professionalism, leadership, confidentiality, strong social communication skills, time-management, organized. Must possess skills to communicate effectively and interact well with people of diverse backgrounds. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to problem solve by gathering and analyzing information, working well in an individual/ group problem solving situation, and showing initiative in problem solving. Maintains professionalism and does not show favoritism. Maintains consistency with clients, staff, visitors, and the public. Ability to handle a crisis situation and react appropriately. Flexibility and adaptable. Ability to make decisions in an objective and ethical manner. Calm and decisive in crisis situations. Ability to sustain a team environment, drive continuous improvement projects, confidentiality, excellent problem-solving skills and excellent communicator within the team framework.
Pyramid CORE Values:
We are committed and proud to live our CORE values and use them to inspire those around us. Our employees
are expected to align with these values, behaviors and standards. We are held accountable for upholding these CORE Values: INTEGRITY is striving to be honest, transparent and ethical when dealing with clients, staff and the
community. DEDICATION is demonstrating an unwavering commitment to always provide exceptional care and support to those we serve is needed daily. COLLABORATION is a steadfast, team-focused approach; working
together to achieve excellence. PASSION is genuine, compelling and relentless desire to improve lives and support Pyramid's mission.