Senior Performance Engineer (Information Technology)
Cognizant's Digital Engineering practice is seeking a highly qualified Site Reliability Engineers and Architects with experience developing and building high-performing, scalable, enterprise applications. You will work side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working solutions to clients and their users. Our engineers are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we're doing wrong, so we can fix it, and what we're doing right, so we can improve on it. Above all, we judge success by the success of our team and the happiness of our customers.
Cognizant Digital Engineering: If you're like us, you've got big ideas. At Cognizant, we're exploring new ideas every day. We help industry leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that create new value—by connecting people with things, insights and experiences. Cognizant digital engineering designs, engineers and delivers digital products and experiences that drive digital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable innovation.
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization for this role.
· 8+ years of experience on Java/J2EE applications with one of web servers (Apache Tomcat, IBM HTTP Server), one of the application servers (WebSphere/Weblogic/JBoss), one of the databases (Oracle/SQLServer/DB2)
· Experience in working with AWS cloud and cloud components
· Excellent understanding and demonstrated experience in the use of DevOps/CICD tools like Jenkins, Jules and Automated deployment tools
· Working knowledge on one of Unix operating systems
· Knowledge on Cloud technologies and containerization using Docker & Kubernetes
· Automation experience with Ansible play books and programming languages like Java, Perl, Python or PowerShell Scripting and Ansible play book
· Knowledge on performance tuning of enterprise level Java/J2EE applications (Web and Application Servers Configuration, JVM parameters tuning, GC and Heap Size, Message Broker)
· Experience in implementing resiliency design patterns using Hystrix, Service Mesh or similar frameworks and validation using chaos monkey type frameworks
· Excellent knowledge on at least one tool in each of the following category
· Profiling – Jprofiler/ Dynatrace
· Monitoring - Wily Introscope/AppDynamics/DynaTrace/Splunk/Cloud Watch/Stack Driver
· Analysis –HP Diagnostics / GC log Analysis/ Thread Dump Analyzer / Heap Analyzer
· Performance testing - Load Runner/Silk Performer/Jmeter/NeoLoad
· Experience in trouble shooting Performance / Scalability / Availability issues in production environment
· Experience in Performance Test Modeling
· Experience in Capacity Planning
· Ability to come up with solutions using technical knowledge and tools