Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Executive Vice President, Digital Health (Marketing)
Edelman is looking for an Executive Vice President of Digital Health to lead our growing US health and pharmaceutical digital marketing business. - We seek an experienced leader with deep digital expertise in healthcare, Rx and OTC consumer/HCP campaign, pharmaceutical and biotech regulatory processes, public affairs and health issue campaigns. You will play an integral role in strategically guiding the work and teams to achieve client objectives, demonstrating an ability to bring proactive point of views and recognize opportunity to unlock growth, act as a thought leader to provide sound and proactive counsel to clients, and lead by example to inspire our firm's teams to deliver their best work every day.
In broad terms, you are an advanced thinker and an experienced operator, with a strong integration-focused mindset and ability to triangulate health and public health, data-driven and digital thinking with creative, social media, paid media, public relations and measurement to deliver exceptional results. You understand stakes at the highest levels of a client's organization. You are a driven professional with a track record of growing business, building teams, evolving client relationships, and designing innovative digital solutions to solve client problems. You will serve clients and grow a US-wide Digital Health offering, enabling the continued development of our community of digital practitioners, and making Edelman famous for market-leading work on behalf of our health clients, which range from biotech, hospitals, pharmaceuticals, health crisis, consumer/OTC brands and health tech. In addition to leading our US Digital Health offering, you will manage our established NY-based Digital Health center of excellence team.
• Lead Edelman's US Digital Health business with a focus on driving growth, evolving our offering, and bringing enhanced cohesion to our network of health digital experts.
• Develop and motivate a dedicated team of digital client service leaders, strategists and specialists including creative, paid and analytics.
• Exhibit broad understanding of the digital health space as well as latest pharma/biotech trends and changes in advocacy, public affiars and issue campaigns; ensure innovation in digital capability is seeded throughout the organization.
• Develop and bring to market unique and differentiated offerings and solutions for our clients.
• Build strong relationships with clients as the senior client advisor.
• Play a major role in the research, planning and development of comprehensive programs that have digital and social programming.
• Collaborate with senior leadership across functions in developing business opportunities and operationalizing programs for clients.
• Lead and support new business efforts including prospecting, proposal writing and pitching.
• Actively manage existing client accounts including profitability, client budgets and expenses.
• Identify key strategic marketing opportunities to increase new business leads, including identifying and participating in relevant conferences and industry events.
• Serve as part of the US leadership teams for both US and NY Health sector as well as Digital, reporting to the US chairs for both practices
• You have a deep, authentic passion for working on Health business rooted in global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, health tech and health issues.
• You lead by example as a hard worker who is willing to get in the trenches – you'll roll up your sleeves and work side-by-side with team members regardless of their department, to produce the best work possible.
• You are strategic, creative and thrive on bringing your digital marketing expertise to bear for clients; you have an in-depth knowledge of the digital/social media ecosystem and regularly apply this knowledge to solve client problems.
• You can evaluate the feasibility of complex programs and help chart the course to success.
• You are able to identify the right people for the right roles, nurture those staff to get the best from them, and learn from them – merging their expertise with yours.
• You bring people together to work towards a common goal, and you're dedicated to ensuring the right people are working and collaborating together to produce the best work that delivers positive client business results.
• You thrive as a multi-tasker with a high degree of organization and poise.
• You can oversee multiple projects at the same time and maintain overall awareness of the work that's being executed to enable you to quickly context switch and jump in to provide counsel and problem solve.
• You know how to spot talent and encourage the growth of team members across the agency by appropriately and effectively delivering praise as well as constructive criticism.
• You pride yourself in being able to set and realize a clear and compelling vision.
• 15+ years of digital health experience at an integrated marketing, digital, advertising or PR agency, with a track record of building teams, growing client relationships, and driving business. 9+ years of experience managing and leading integrated teams.
• In-depth experience with integrated marketing and communications programs including strategic development, creative development, analysis and implementation.
• Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful healthcare and pharmaceutical digital and social strategies and programs.
• Deep understanding of FDA/FTC regulatory rules and guidance for digital marketing.
• Expertise in marketing and sales; knowledge of marketing strategy and tactics; employs consultative sales techniques.
• Relationship builder, demonstrating an ability to listen and respond to a wide variety of constituencies.
• Strong communicator and presenter well versed in Health industry nomenclature, able to present and articulate persuasive and cohesive presentations and points of view that ultimately close the sale.
• Candid communicator who can organize, clarify and communicate complex ideas quickly, succinctly and accurately.
• Exhibits sound business judgment to navigate through everyday client and team challenges, including scope creep and internal inefficiencies.
• Comfortable taking appropriate risks and making tough decisions when required.
• Ability to effectively resolve conflict, both internally and externally.
• Track record of strength in business development for and with healthcare and/or health tech clients, demonstrated through YoY financial account growth.
• Experienced at managing budgets and client P&Ls.
• Able to identify and implement operational efficiencies to maintain financial health of accounts team including strategy and planning, creative, social content, paid media, digital analytics, technology and development, production, operations, media and editorial.