General Warehouse Associate - Nights. New Pay Rates & Sign-on Bonus! (Transportation)
Warehouse Associates are responsible for all aspects of receiving, storing, and issuing of merchandise in support of customer fulfillment operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Pull and Pick – Operate power mobile material handling equipment. Retrieve all items for delivery or picking and staging inventory accurately in assigned areas.
2. Load – Load furniture into trucks for delivery to hubs, stores and customer homes.
3. Receive – Receive shipments from across the globe, check furniture and accessories shipments in, unload, and rack in warehouse.
4. Package – Merchandise returns from stores and customers and rack into warehouse.
5. Generate paperwork used for movement of merchandise within warehouse
• Adapts to change quickly and easily and performs effectively during times of change; demonstrates the ability to multi-task and manages competing priorities effectively
• Builds respectful and effective working relationships; collaborates with others to achieve common goals
• Conveys information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing; adjusts communication to meet the needs of the audience
• Strives to meet or exceed the expectations of internal and external customers
• Demonstrates initiative by acting as a self-starter; takes on increased responsibility to enhance one's contribution
• Displays a high degree of integrity, honesty and takes responsibility for one's own actions; shows consistency between words and actions
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
• Education: High school diploma; College degree preferred
• Years of experience: Some warehouse experience preferred.
• Computer proficiency: Working knowledge of computer programs
• Understanding of general work practices in warehousing and distribution, including order picking, packing, and shipping processes and procedures.
• Dedicated to business and willing to adjust schedule and hours as needed to manage department
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Performing tasks in a standing position for extended periods of time.
• Repetitive movements.
• No physical limitations that limit the ability to carry and move furniture weighing up to 175 pounds.
• Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
Arhaus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind, Arhaus is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Arhaus are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Arhaus will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Arhaus encourages applicants of all ages.