Controls Engineer (Marketing)
Supports Franklin facility with day to day technical support.
Establishes program objectives by analyzing program proposals and collaborating with management.
Possesses a high level of technical aptitude to provide technical project insight, advice and support.
Ability to take on a wide variety of job functions within a program including hands-on technical support.
Establishing program plan by determining time frame, funding, savings, and staffing; approving program schedule.
Establishes and achieves financial objectives by preparing a program budget; scheduling and approving expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Develops and supports interfaces for equipment communications with shop-floor tools and devices.
Provides electrical designs and programming within applicable standards to build new or modify existing production machines and systems.
Responsible for changes to control logic and software including, but not limited to: Safety Systems, PLCs, HMIs, Robotics, and PC based logic.
Confirms program performance by establishing standards; testing requirements
Prepares program status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Controls program plan and schedule changes. Monitors scope of program/project and the need for management attention.
Define MES solution architectures and develops detailed design specifications.
Provide expert knowledge and experience regarding equipment programmable logic controllers (PLCs) to guide, and sometimes accomplish, technical effort required to implement complex MES solutions
• Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering required.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in multiple functions such as manufacturing engineering, operations, materials, quality, sales, and program management is required.
• Hands-on manufacturing involvement in the launch of a new process and/or manufacturing cost improvement project implementation experience is required.
• Experience working with PLCs, HMIs, and robotics is required.
• Knowledge of complex automation with PLC background, special machines, hydraulics, pneumatics and robotics required.
• Experience using Concept to Customer methodology or equivalent APQP or Project Management Life Cycle process is preferred.
• Able to work outside normal business hours required.
• Demonstrated management, leadership and communication skills are required.