Universal Technical Institute
Candidate must provide a link to their portfolio/reel in the application to be considered
The videographer will film and edit engaging content for a variety of platforms that include UTI's website, blog, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. In this collaborative environment, you'll work with the Director of Digital Strategy & Engagement, the marketing team, campus teams, and agency partners to author and execute strategic campaigns intended to meet and exceed company goals and objectives. A successful candidate is a strong storyteller who can capture the authenticity of documentary-style filmmaking, while driving viewers to take action. You also have the ability to edit for a variety of channels at a variety of lengths, and can understand the importance of music and voiceover in order to improve performance.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
• Create and produce high-quality content that includes video, motion graphics and images, animation, and still photography to market to future students, current students, partner companies, and alumni.
• Plan, develop, and execute the shooting and production of exceptional content that capture the heart of UTI, our mission, and the automotive industry.
• Manage camera operation, lighting, and sound, as well as all talent direction both on location and on site
• Assist in the strategic development of create initiatives involving video production, motion graphics, and animation
• Edit video for a variety of lengths and a variety of platforms (including mixing sound)
• Scout locations for video and still photography shoots
• Manage digital footage archive
• Propose concepts
• Advise on the purchase of equipment, hardware, and software
• Maintain consistency of the brand and adhere to brand standards with all content
• Maintain equipment
• Stay up to date on the latest trends in video production and storytelling.
• Coordinate field productions, including audio, camera, lighting, and working collaboratively with talent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education / Experience
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in video production and editing (preferably at an advertising agency) preferred.
• Experienced marketer with a proven track record of producing video that performs at a high level
• Experience in the Education and/or Automotive industry is a plus. Skills / Functional Competencies
• Advanced knowledge of video storytelling
• Shoot and edit in a documentary-style
• Produce high quality work on tight deadlines
• Pitch ideas in a compelling manner
• Direct people you don't know in a bold yet kind manner
• Understanding of advanced lighting techniques
• Advanced use of all video equipment (including microphones and lights)
• Advanced editing ability (video and sound)
• Utilize Microsoft Office Suite
• Firm grasp of the English language
• Attention to detail
• Meet deadlines
• Work in a fast-paced environment where things can change quickly
• Can work autonomously Abilities
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 20 pounds 25% or less of the workday. Occasionally, up to 50 pounds 5% of workday.
• Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 25% or less of the workday.
• Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, and reason.
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Corporate home office environment.
• Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment. However, occasional on location work or outdoor work is required.
• Regular business hours, occasional overtime.
• Periodic travel required, approximately 25%.
• Normal physical activity including movement, hearing, seeing and communication. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .