Design Engineer I (Architecture)
Meyer Utility Structures, an Arcosa subsidiary, is searching for a Design Engineer I in our Memphis, TN office! The Design Engineer will design Meyer Utility Structures products and specify the components that make up the products. The Design Engineer will design transmission and substation steel structures, processes, systems, services or scientific applications using broad engineering concepts and research techniques. Design Engineer will evaluate designs and products for compliance with regulatory and contractual standards in terms of material, stability and performance.
What You'll do:
• Analyzes prospective customer's Technical specifications
• Consults with Project Manager and Engineering Manager as necessary for clarification and interpretation of specifications.
• Consults with Project Manager and Engineering Manager as necessary for the design approach most favorable to steel structures assigned project.
• Designs structures and appurtenances as interpreted from and described by customer using aids (computer programs, charts and curves) where applicable.
• Review and redesign as required by customer changes.
• Reports the impact of design changes to the Project Manager and Engineering Manager.
• Prepares design calculations and cost estimating information of proposed designs for use by Project Manager in bidding process.
• Upon receipt of Job Order, prepare the bid/quote designs to hand it over to Job team.
What You'll need:
• Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering with background in Structural Design or equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts
• Master's Degree preferred.
• E.I.T preferred
• Steel Design coursework strongly preferred
• Min. 1 year experience
• Theoretical understanding of Basic Structural Engineering fundamentals
• Ability to work as part of a team