Sr. Systems Eng, Mechatronics (Marketing)
In 2022, Meritor, Inc. was acquired by Cummins Inc., combining the capabilities, talent and resources of our two companies. Now a business unit within Cummins' Components segment called Cummins-Meritor, we provide a range of industry-leading components, including axles, brakes, suspensions, drivelines and aftermarket parts, for the commercial vehicle and industrial markets. To learn more about the acquisition, read the press release.
It's an exciting time to be part of Cummins-Meritor, and we're looking for team members to help us bring big ideas to life. Apply today to create new possibilities.
• Hybrid Position: The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work-based business needs.
This position will be part of the Global Advanced Engineering & Innovation Group within the Cummins-Meritor division and will support activities as directed by the Manager/Chief Engineer, in the areas of Commercial vehicle chassis, Sensing Technologies & Innovation. This person will interface with customers, suppliers, test labs, production manufacturing facilities, and several internal engineering groups within Cummins-Meritor, as well as Cummins New Power, Cummins Electronics and Cummins Digital. The right candidate will provide systems engineering support for product strategy, requirements, architecture, analysis, simulation, design, and validation at the systems level for advanced vehicle mobility technologies with an emphasis on propulsion systems, braking systems and sensing technologies.
• Develop, test, applicate and production release Vehicle Powertrain systems, Sensing Systems and components, including, but not limited to: sensors and Electronic Control Units for data collection, data processing, CAN and Telematics connectivity and data analytics.
• Manage all aspects of engineering products according to customer requirements with focus on coordinating project timing, costs, test plans and prototype builds.
• Develop control models in a model-based development environment using Matlab/Simulink tool chain
• Work with cross functional team to create internal system requirements for electrified drivetrain components and systems
• Support external customers to define software features and system interfaces for different vehicle classes
• Develop requirements and collaborate with suppliers to address ISO-26262 functional safety requirements and technical safety requirements as required
• Create DFMEA, FTA, DVP&R and other supporting development work-products to meet ISO-26262 compliance for electrified drivetrain
• Troubleshoot issues and testing systems on benches, dynos and in vehicles
• Direct the design of electric circuits and ECU's
• Design of PCB schematics
• Develop validation plan for sensors and ECU's
• Mentor less experienced engineers
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or applied science required (MSE strongly desired) with minimum of 7 years of direct, practical experience. This should include:
• Experience with Commercial Vehicle Products and systems, preferably Heavy and Medium Duty Truck, Specialty & Defense vehicles.
• Experience in use of CAN, CCP, XCP communication and diagnostics test tools (i.e. Vector CANoe/CANape/CANalyzer, etc.)
• Experience with computer model-based designing of systems including Python, Matlab/SIMULINK, C, C++ and simulation tools like Matlab/Simulink, PowerSim, TruckSim
• Experience with functional safety requirements per ISO26262
• Experience with axle, suspension, transfer case, and/or brake system integration
• Experience with computer-based data acquisition and analysis systems
• Familiarity with automotive microcontroller / FPGA programming
• Familiarity with digital and analogue communications
• Familiarity with real world applications of electronics controls to the physical world in areas ranging from, controller to controller communications, pneumatics, motion controls / robotics, automation.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills are a must
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with appropriate balance of delegating responsibility and staying involved to ensure projects on track.
This position is eligible for Cummins-Meritor's Incentive Compensation Plan, which offers payouts based on company performance.
Cummins-Meritor provides a comprehensive total rewards benefit program. Options include medical, dental, vision, Health savings account, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, employee assistance program, vehicle discounts and more.
At Cummins-Meritor, all are welcome. Our focus is on creating a people-focused culture that enables each one of us to perform at our best. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. At Cummins-Meritor, we run together. You belong here.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Cummins-Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.