Diesel Engine Workshop Technician (Architecture)
We are looking for a talented Diesel Engine Workshop Technician to join our sales and service branch in Spokane, WA.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
· Completes diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop under limited supervision
· Applies documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools
· Assists more experienced technicians with diagnostics and development of repair plans engines in the workshop
· Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens
· Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
· Adheres to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
· 4 years of experience in diagnostics and repair with Mid range and Heavy duty engines
· Experienced in engine rebuilds, Natural Gas a plus
· Experience in generator repair a plus. Experience in coach repair a plus.
· Must meet all requirements to drive a Company vehicle including a valid driver's license and insurance
· Must be able to physically lift 50 pounds occasionally, wear required personal protective equipment as required
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.