Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
House Supervisor (PT) - 24 hours p/week D/N rotation (Education)
Are you looking to advance your knowledge and skills? You will enhance your critical thinking while engaging with clinical professionals – as the command center - to support Nurse Leadership to maximize patient flow and optimize bed capacity.
Part time (2x12 hour shifts p/week) rotation
This is the opportunity for you !
Responsible for the supervision and administrative decision making for the care and coordination of nursing and patient care services during the evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts.
1. Provides assistance, direction, consultation, and problem solving regarding patient care issues and business continuity.
2. Facilitates the coordination of activities between the patient care units and other hospital departments. Anticipates potential problem situations and intervenes proactively to mitigate actual and/or potential adverse impact.
3. Coordinates allocation of human resources, identifies and sets priorities for administration of patient care, and directs and assigns employees during periods of increasing and decreasing acuity.
4. Utilizes, documents, and maintains analytic tools with corresponding staffing standards. Tracks all human resource allocations daily.
5. Conducts rounds through the organization to promote functioning of hospital operations, including bed utilization.
6. Coordinates allocation of material resources.
7. Serves as an arbitrator for conflicts that arise on assigned shift. Facilitates short-term management of conflict and communicates to the appropriate departmental leadership for additional follow-up. Provides initial investigation and documentation of problems or potential problems that may lead to high risk situations. Performs immediate employee disciplinary actions, up to and including suspension.
8. Serves as DH spokesperson to handle requests for information to police, press, and others.
9. Receives initial patient/family complaints and provides resolution.
10. Communicates problems that may compromise patient care to the appropriate departmental leadership.
11. Directs, coordinates, and triages all bed activities and assignments.
12. Provides onsite management/leadership in crisis situations to prevent or minimize disruption of services. Responds to emergency codes to coordinate activities. Functions as on-site coordinator for disasters or events.
13. Identifies and participates in threat evaluation and implementation of the Incident Command System.
14. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the development and 24/7 daily management of system changes to maximize patient flow and optimize bed capacity.
15. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in New Hampshire required.
BLS certification required.