Arcosa Meyer Utility Structures is searching for Career Welders for our Lancaster, SC plant. As a Welder at Arcosa Meyer Utility Structures, you'll use jigs/holding fixtures to lay out pieces to be welded according to blueprints, layouts, schematics, or work orders. You'll use manual/semi-automatic/automatic welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate, and repair parts of metal or other weld able materials.
At Arcosa Meyer Utility Structures, we're pioneers in the transmission industry with a strong commitment to reducing the environmental impact of transmission lines. We were the first to use steel for tubular transmission poles and full-scale vertical testing, and the first to develop wood-equivalent steel poles. In addition to that, our engineering solutions for voltages up to 765kV are designed with our proprietary software and have been validated through years of comprehensive, full-scale structural testing.
What you'll do:
• Weld clips and hardware
• Perform full penetration (such as slip joint) welds to weld ends to poles or channels
• Perform basic repairs
• Operate grinding equipment
• May lay out and mark weld points on parts or subassemblies
• May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides, and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools in accordance with layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches.
• May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications
• Observe all standard safety practices
• Maintain and complete all required records
• Follow all safety rules and practices
• May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
• Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
• Minimum of 6 months of experience in flux core welding
• Qualify as a flat welder
• Ability to maintain 90% pass rate on UT inspection
• Basic understanding of Oxy Fuel/Plasma burning and of Carbon Arcing