GREATER CHICAGO FOOD DEPOSITORY
Partner Capacity Building Coordinator (Administrative)
The Partner Capacity Building Coordinator works with network Partners serving food to ensure they understand and implement food safety best practices. Partner Capacity Building Coordinator ensures community partners to are in good standing with the Greater Chicago Food Depository's guidelines and program requirements. Additionally, Partner Capacity Building Coordinator empowers partners with educational and training opportunities on food safety best practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Food Safety Compliance: Manage a caseload of Partner and programs and conduct all site visits for assigned areas.
· Develop and maintain site visit schedule. Conduct site visits in accordance with Food Depository and government guidelines for all partners.
· Perform all routine follow-up visits and reporting with partners.
· Review and the submission of various reports, ensuring accuracy and completion by partners.
· Report any persistent problems to the Associate Manager of Partner Capacity Building for resolution, maintaining a diligent log of all site visits including time and address of issue(s).
· When program defects are noted, appropriate questions will be asked to understand the root of the issue. By identifying the root causes the Program Compliance Coordinator can help facilitate corrective actions by training or resource allocation.
· Ensures all food distribution is done in such a way as to promote equitable access and a dignified process.
· Maintain strong knowledge of all program regulations and guidelines as well as performance standards established by the Food Depository.
· Maintain consistent, professional contact with partners in advance and following site visits, adhering to professional and ethical guidelines in all guest and partner interactions.
· Maintain accurate reports and assist as needed in preparing for audits of Food Depository records by government agencies and Feeding America.
· Maintain strong knowledge of all current guidelines and regulations in government food programs.
· Develop and maintain site visit schedule and log.
· Conduct site visits throughout Cook County.
· Ensure Food Depository partners are conducting intake during their set distribution times.
Education & Training: Empower community partners by coordinating and providing appropriate food safety, training and coaching.
· Empower community partners with the tools, resources and technical assistance needed to ensure successful operations, including accurate and timely reporting.
· Provide training and technical assistance to food distribution partners in the following areas: reporting requirements, general food program operations, volunteer recruitment and succession planning, resource management, transportation and underscoring the importance of food safety.
· Gather information on community and partner needs and ensure those needs are recorded for further analysis by the Community Impact Team.
· Recommends training and resources needed by the partners to the Associate Manager of Partner Capacity Building.
· Perform administrative and general assistance across the Community Impact department.
Collaboration & Partnership: Collaborate with colleagues across the Community Impact department to ensure partners are positioned for success in their food access programs.
· Support partners during their food distribution activities, ensuring best practices and client focused programming.
· Works with partner sites to quickly resolve any outstanding compliance issues to minimize partner holds and ensure continuing support for the community.
· Collaborate with members of the Community Impact department to support the recruitment and onboarding of new partners as needed.
· Support the adoption of Link2Feed as the client intake tool across the network of traditional partners (food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters) and innovative partnerships across schools, health partners, etc.
· Evaluate operating hours across the network and develop recommendations for the Associate Manager of Partner Capacity Building on how new and existing partners can expand current operations.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree and/or relevant work experience.
· 2+ years of social service and/or non-profit program management experience strongly preferred.
· Strong attention to detail required.
· Community engagement experience in the Chicago area.
· Ability to work independently and maintain timely schedule.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
· Excellent interpersonal skills required for coordination with internal and external partners
· Proficiency in MS Office- Word, Excel, Access, Outlook.
· Local travel and personal transportation required with valid IL Driver's license and insurance.
· Must attain Food Service Sanitation Manager certificate upon employment.
Covid vaccination required for employment
· Normal office environment; exposure to warehouse environment.
· Interacts with Food Depository staff, member agencies, applicant agencies, funding organizations, community leaders, volunteers, and general public.
· Some evening and weekend time required for site visits, community meetings and events, and participation in Food Depository events throughout Cook County.