Project Manager, Asst (Finance)
Gray is a fully integrated, international service provider deeply rooted in engineering, design, construction, and smart manufacturing services. Consistently ranked among the top five industrial contractors in the U.S., we focus on the following markets for domestic and international customers: Food & Beverage , Manufacturing , Automotive , Distribution , Mission Critical , and Commercial .
Founded in 1960, Gray has grown to encompass a complementary family of brands designed to augment and enhance each other's specialized capabilities without gaps or redundancies. Our robust offering-which includes strategy, operational improvements, construction, extensive engineering, automation & controls, and equipment manufacturing-enables us to create one-of-a-kind solutions at the highest levels of customization, delivering unmatched precision and partnership to some of the world's most sophisticated organizations.
Who we want... (Requirements)
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and a minimum of three years related experience.
Must possess basic computer skills including the ability to utilize word processing, spreadsheet and e-mail applications. May also require working knowledge of scheduling applications.
The new team member should be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys a team environment, as well as a passion for collaboration and professional development. If you are a high achiever striving to exceed expectations in a fast-paced innovative company, then Gray is the place for you.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be physically present in Charlotte office.
What we expect... (Essential Functions)
• Develop, update and monitor job progress using QMS program, including scheduling, estimating and budgeting to ensure that construction of project parallels with schedule.
• Perform quantity take off(s), cost estimates and bid solicitation.
• Provide research options and regulation information as required.
• Purchase and coordinate the delivery of certain materials for the project(s) ensuring optimum prices, quality and conformance to specifications and budget.
• Reviews and approves invoices and change orders.
• Negotiate with subcontractors and vendors for specific trades ensuring that all scope is encompassed.
• Review vendor and subcontractor shop drawing submittals for construction as directed by the supervisor.
• Relocate to specific job sites (if required) in order to become familiar with procurement and construction practices.
• Attend weekly job site meetings. Assist in the preparation of various reports to assist in the successful management of the project(s), such as: monthly red files, progress analysis/schedules, billings and status reports.
• Assist in the organization and maintenance of job files to ensure continuity of work flow. Submit verbal and written reports on project status to supervisor.
• Communicate effectively with customer, direct consultants and subcontractors on the project(s).
• Responsible for the communication, implementation and enforcement of Gray's safety program on site.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and arms, reach, and talk or hear. They are regularly required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs, and occasionally lift or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities include accurate near and distant vision.
Frequently in a normal office environment where noise level is moderate and temperature/humidity is controlled. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. May be exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold and/or heat, risk of electrical shock, explosives and vibrations. Noise level on the job site is normally moderate to loud. Overtime may be required. Some travel may be required.
Indirectly supervises the activities of subcontractors and field personnel.