Senior User Experience Designer (Information Technology)
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
The User Experience & Visual Design team passionately investigates and strategically crafts frictionless human experiences that facilitate the sharing of the world's collected knowledge. Because what is known must be shared. Within the User Experience & Visual Design team, the Senior User Experience Designer is responsible for delivering experience designs for complex web applications that strategically align to business needs, user journeys and personas. The Senior User Experience Designer closely collaborates with User Experience Research and the cross-functional team to help define requirements, concepts, and designs to produce high-quality interactive products that support an overall best-in-class experience for our member institutions and their staff/patrons globally.
• Interpret user needs and goals into application design and drive changes for usability improvements based on user feedback.
• Present findings and deliverables to a variety of stakeholders, from business owners to team members.
• Create, maintain, iterate and update documentation including UX wireframes based on use cases and business requirements.
• Document UI specifications for visual designs and collaborate with development staff to ensure implementation of visual and interaction designs.
• Provide innovative design vision with a strong focus on usability and accessibility.
• You advocate for the user and their needs while also considering business and technical context.
• You have strong oral and written communication skills are able to present rationale and deliverables to a variety of stakeholders, from cross-functional team members to member libraries.
• You love to innovate and apply design trends where appropriate.
• You love to work through user interactions including the design of animations and micro-interactions.
• You exhibit a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness and work well with ambiguity and limited direction.
• You are autonomous, detail-oriented, and comfortable working on global cross-functional teams in a fast-paced Agile environment.
• You are able to initiate and drive complex projects to completion.
• You have knowledge and understanding of accessibility standards, interaction and visual design trends and best practices.
• You have working knowledge of front-end web technologies.
• You have mastered the user-centered design process, contemporary UX and UI patterns and design philosophies including Atomic Design.
• Portfolio showcasing experience strategy and specification artifacts (i.e. user journey maps, service blueprints, flows and wireframes) that demonstrate complex interaction design.
• You have working knowledge of relevant software & tools, collaboration tools, principles and digital product design & development best practices.
• 5+ years of UX industry experience working on complex Web and/or application designs.
• Bachelor's Degree in human-computer interaction, interactive design, graphic design, art or related field.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.