Lead Addiction Technician **Kansas City, KS** (Personal Services)
Under the supervision of the Area Director (facility management), the Lead Addiction Technician is responsible for supervising and scheduling all Addiction Technicians (as directed by the Area Director) that provide coverage and supervision of residential clients. They are responsible for having a general understanding of Mirror's treatment model and philosophy and interact with clients accordingly. Other duties of this position include charting client behavior, clerical tasks as related to the work environment, security, collection and the related paperwork requirements of urinalysis testing and assisting the clinical staff whenever needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Be available to work varying schedules and varying shifts, including weekends.
2. Assist the site Director with the paperwork demands of the treatment program.
3. Technical Consultation: serve as communications link within the agency by interpreting rules, regulations, program policies and procedures to staff; acts as technical policy adviser to line staff in program administration; write technical memorandum and reports; participate in program planning, operational reviews and the Program Review Team.
4. Operations Review: onsite review of daily operations for compliance with and adherence to operational standards; assist in identifying operational strengths, weaknesses, problems or areas of noncompliance and recommend corrective action to Clinical Supervisor.
5. Program Training tasks include: developing and delivering technical training on program policies and procedures; conduct surveys to identify training needs.
6. Supervise clients during the assigned hours per the agency's standards and monitor groups as required.
7. Maintain an accurate inventory and adequate stock of supplies for both office and facility needs.
8. Provide educational presentations and facilitate offender recreation therapy as directed by your supervisor.
9. Must attend and participate in all staff meetings as directed by the Clinical Supervisor.
10. Assist Mirror's clinical and administrative staff with compliance and audit processes.
11. Some limited food preparation on weekends and mornings (or on an as needed basis). Supervise resident clean up of kitchen facilities.
12. Supervisor Addiction Technician's including hiring, disciplinary actions (with assistance of Area Director).
12. Perform other job related functions as directed by your immediate supervisor and as detailed in the Addiction Technician job description.
1. High school diploma or General Educational Development certificate.
2. Experience in administrative, secretarial or clerical tasks.
3. Computer experience, ability to manage program and client related material in a fast, efficient manner. Must be proficient in computer skills, or experience or skills with an Electronic Health Record.
4. Awareness of addictive behaviors and recovery processes.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills required as well as ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
6. Capable of maintaining a team spirit. Must have the ability to work cooperatively with others. Must be adaptable to change, have effective organizational skills and the ability to follow through on multiple tasks.
7. Ability to organize and prioritize and follow through with multiple tasks related to documentation of client behavior and their whereabouts.
8. Capable of working over-time hours if needed.
9. Awareness of treatment policies and procedures.
10. Must be able to pass a security check.
11. Employees who have been diagnosed with any type of substance use disorder or behavioral addiction/compulsion must have sustained a minimum of two consecutive years of abstinence from all intoxicating substances and symptoms of their chemical and/or behavioral addiction; and must be in full sustained remission.
12. This position may also involve bending, walking stairs and lifting up to 40 pounds on occasion.